Friday, March 6, 2009

For the Love of Piña













I have been meaning to go to a local fruteria (fruit shack) for some time now, and after passing one on my ride today, I decided I would see if I had enough change in my back pocket for a pineapple. Turns out I did. One massive and absolutely delicious piña cost me fifty cents and a dollar. Needless to say, I was quite excited. Riding home with this, I´d guess 8-10 lb., huge fruit in one arm added challenge to my navigation through already surmounting amounts of traffic along Calle Remigio Crespo. I made it home eventually to enjoy this wonderful piece of earth-food, and a drink of Cola Cao (my favorite cocoa mix, added to milk, which I have not had since Spain a few years back). Props to pineapples, and Cola Cao, for being so awesome.

No comments: