Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Coco Pushcarts

For my recovery ride on Monday I took a spin into the center of Cuenca, which is only two minutes by bike, to do some people watching. There was a man who was abosrbed in nothing else than what he was consuming at the moment, a muffin just the size of his fist. Before the batteries died I managed to capture a few shots of his focus on the comestible in his posession
.



Se venden trigo y granos.





I particularly enjoy the 25cent bags of freshly cut coconut or mango available from any number of pushcarts roaming the streets of Cuenca.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OH MY GOD! Take me there!!!

haha I loooove reading your blogging on all your travels, and seeing the little scenes and snapshots, Laura! It looks amazing and beautiful. Being in a place like that must make you feel free and thankful to be alive... it does that for me just looking and reading! Thanks for sending me the link. I'm your newest avid reader! I'm glad you're having a great time. Miss you!

P.S. I wish they sold 25 cent bags of coconut here! I just discovered a little indian grocery near me that sells fresh young coconut but it's like 3 or 4 dollars for one coconut!