Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Segunda Valida Nacional: Ibarra


At the second national race, which I attended the day after climbing Cayambe, spectators could enjoy a view of the entire course as it laid itself out over the hills of Ibarra. Although I was beat from Cayambe, I had to borrow a bike (Orbea Alma, full carbon hardtail named Bacha, sweet!), and I began my race 10 minutes behind the other girls because that was when Bacha arrived (nothing like adjusting to a new bike with an Ecuadorian national race); despite my not feeling prepared, hydrated, or well rested at all, after three sweaty, bermed, flowing and steep laps, I was content that Anisa nearly forced me to follow through and race. More words to follow, tired right now, just enjoy the photos.

Ruben about to enter the off camber switchbacks.

Ruben and the Columbian, sweatin' it out while trading first place back and forth like it was the last Linkin Log remaining between two juvenile architects: they each wanted it badly.


Damas elite: Alexandra, Cristina, y su hermana. Represent.

Las tres amigas. It was always us three, and we always finished the same, and it was always a good time.

Karl, Ruben, and the Columbian.

Afterwards, a night time dip in the natural hot springs.


Roger, Karl, Anisa y su lengua, siempre.


Ruben, driving fast.


Mi Cuenca.

No comments: