Thursday, January 7, 2010

Right Now

Night number one in Higginsville, Missouri... after the car took a siesta in the middle of a snowstorm on route 70. One ride in a tow truck with Ralph, two nights in a by-the-hour hotel no tell with minimal heat, 600$, and many random Missouri incidences later my brother and I are in Kansas City. Tomorrow? Denver or bust.

As we rolled out of town today two state troopers were parked at our classy motel, with one more pulling in. Drug bust. Definite drug bust.


Thanks to the kind folks at Dye's in Higginsville for the automotive assistance, and thanks to my bro (i.o.u.). More words to come...

5 comments:

Georges Rouan said...

Saw your picture in Dirt Rag-Nice!

Good luck on your drive west.

Humble Coalition said...

Thanks... I am a fan of that one, actually. Just got to Bend on Monday... itching to write about the travels thus far. Be well.

Humble Coalition said...

p.s. I had never seen your blog before... I dig.

Anonymous said...

What did you say when the cops broke down your door?

Humble Coalition said...

Ha! Thankfully we were not there for that, although that would have been interesting to say the least.