Monday, June 23, 2008

Sula Peace

I must admit, I held quite a bit of anger this morning, for various reasons, and accompanying that anger was his partner in crime, frustration; two individuals whom I care not to associate with very often. Although, to be perfectly honest they are part of one's natural capacity as a human being, and so at times show their unsightly selves. Perhaps we need to feel them so long as we return from their world, just as we must feel the entire spectrum of human emotions in order to learn and progress.

Hoping to digress from their dark realm, I was fortunate to have time enough to grab Sula, plop some ice cubes into a plastic water bottle, sock my camera (I put it in a sock for sweat-protective purposes while riding), and head out towards Skyline. From where I live it takes about a half hour of pedaling saltwater from the body in order to reach the summit of Skyline Drive--and then you are in the woods; the sweet, emerald-lime, un-trafficked haven of the woods. With a Skyline ascent, followed by entrance into rock-spattered trail, I felt those two unnerving creatures of my morning's brooding begin to melt. In the film reel of my mind, it was an uninhibited visualization of negative energy, along with a steady flow of salty water and heavy breaths, in simple exodus from my body. The unwanted aggression and frustration congealed and melted off my back--sheer osmotic catharsis from the pedaling of one's bicycle. I could see it inside my mind's reel and feel it inside the running projector of my body. Sula and I were now headed along the orange trail, respiring the rained-on earth, finding ourselves in the company of old friends--inner-peace, solitude, appreciation, and acceptance.

No comments: